SEO is a dynamic field and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes to ensure that your website remains visible and relevant in search engine results.
SEO Trends in 2023
As the search engine landscape continues to evolve, so do the strategies used for search engine optimization (SEO). Here are some of the trends that are expected to shape SEO in 2023:
Voice Search Optimization
With the increasing popularity of voice assistants such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, more and more people are using voice search to find information online. To optimize for voice search, it’s important to use natural language and long-tail keywords in your content and to structure your website in a way that makes it easy for search engines to understand.
Featured snippets, also known as “position zero,” are becoming more important for SEO as they appear at the top of the search results and can drive a significant amount of traffic to a website. Optimizing your content for featured snippets by using clear headings and structured data can help to increase your chances of appearing in these results.
Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (E-A-T) will become more important in 2023, Google has been highlighting the importance of E-A-T for a while and it will be a crucial factor in SEO. Google wants to ensure that the search results are providing high-quality and trustworthy information. Websites that can demonstrate expertise and authority in their niche will have an advantage in the search results.
Mobile-first indexing means that Google will primarily use the mobile version of a website’s content to rank pages from that site, regardless of the device used to access the site. With mobile devices accounting for the majority of online traffic, optimizing your website for mobile devices will be essential in 2023.
Visual search will become more prevalent, people are more likely to search for an image rather than text, so it’s important to optimize images by using descriptive file names and alt tags.
AI will continue to play a bigger role in SEO, Google’s AI algorithm, BERT, which can understand the context of a search query, was a big change in SEO and it will continue to improve in 2023.
Here are the top AI tools you NEED to know about:
- Krisp: Krisp’s AI removes background voices, noises, and echoes from your calls, giving you peace of call
- Ocoya: Create and schedule social media content 10x faster
- Unbounce Smart Copy: Write high-performing cold emails at scale
- Maverick: Generate personalized videos at scale
- Quickchat: AI chatbots that automate customer service charts
- Puzzle: Build an AI-powered knowledge base for your team and customers
- Cleanup: Remove any wanted object, defect, people, or text from your pictures in seconds
- Resumeworded: Improve your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Synthesia: Create AI videos by simply typing in text.
- Otter: Capture and share insights from your meetings
- Inkforall: AI content (Generation, Optimization, Performance)
- Thundercontent: Generate Content with AI
User experience (UX) will be increasingly important in 2023, Google will continue to prioritize websites that provide a good user experience, including fast loading times, easy navigation, and a mobile-friendly design.
Core Web Vitals
Google has announced that Core Web Vitals will be used as a ranking signal from May 2021. It includes loading speed, interactivity, and visual stability, so it’s essential to have a good performance on your website to rank well in the search results.
As search engines continue to evolve, linkless backlinks will become more important. These are mentions of your brand, products or services on the web without an actual link.